Welcome to the blog for the "BY THE BOOK: Creative interactions with literature" show.

This is the place to find more information about those special items you've discovered tucked in the pages of select books in the Port Moody Library. Please feel free to leave your comments and if you are inspired visit the "Participants" link on the show website and find out how to register your own creations!

If you have found something you may keep it and we suggest that you make a small donation to the library in return.

If you would like to suggest a book, book / book art related website, or comment about the show in general please email pmlbtb@gmail.com and your message will be posted on this blog.

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel García Márquez - Nathania Vishnevsky Artist


Ok a confession - this was an early "plant" as someone had requested the book - but no worries, I've made several prints so I'll be able to supplement the 3 copies during the month. The print is from an awesome workshop by Pat Beaton on printing with foam.

I first read García Márquez in university and it's so interesting to re-read "Love in the Time of Cholera" now when I'm _ahem_ a bit older. The novel follows the characters from teenage puppy love to their elderly years and I definitely related to them differently this time around. I'm going to start taking notes while reading books because I would love to know exactly what the 19 year old me thought about this one.

Why asparagus? Read the book and find out!

No comments: